Friday 11 May 2012

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

A mile away (25km to be exact) from the beautiful island of Koh Rong is Sihanoukville. The recently sprawling mainland beach party town. There's not too much to say about it so this should be a short post. We head back to the big easy hostel and check in. They put my back in the same sweaty room I was in a few days before. I go to the room to be told by another backpacker that there's someone in that bed. I inform the staff who have no idea about this person and tell me it's fine. I put my bag back in the room and sure enough and ozzie guy turns up, wondering who's bag is on his bed! I remove the bag and let the staff deal with it. An hour or so later I'm shifted to my own room, for the same $3 price as a dormitory: result!

After a little shopping in the town, and a new (Rogue Music) T-shirt for me, we go out for some drinks starting in a place called Utopia. A barrack of $1 rooms and fast food outlets surround a dirty looking swimming pool and bar area serving ultra-cheap drinks! We stay here for a while, meeting up with some girls we met in Vietnam then head out to another bar near the beach. The bar is pretty much a sausage festival, and I perform a ninja-fade back to my private room, leaving the girls revelling!

Revellers
Next day, because of my new outfit, I retire two of my faithful t-shirts bought in India. One now an odd shape and the Ganesh with a huge rip in the shoulder; both with stains, or dramatic colour fades! Goodbye old friends!

Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment