Thursday 18 October 2012

Gyeong, Korea

A rainy trip south from Seoul on the 200mph KTX train brings me to Dongdaegu where I meet up with Seth and we get a bus to Gyeong. We check into a motel, not normally frequented by foreign tourists; you need to speak Korean. In fact most motels here are aimed at young couples, getting away from their parents, or naughty people having a "romantic" night away from their partners! Some of the motels are ridiculously gaudy - with huge "romance" signs that flash neon at night! I'm not sure what they thought about three lads checking in, but they're certainly the cheapest option so we didn't care.

The town is the ancient capital and has MANY burial mounds containing treasures of the king and queens. It's freezing after the rains have gone - I wish I'd bought a jumper!















No comments:

Post a Comment