Friday 7 September 2012

Kathmandu, Nepal

I'm not going to post anything about Kathmandu, as my time here was fleeting; coming and going to Pokhara or the Everest national park. Not that I didn't enjoy Kathmandu though, I met some great people at Alobar1000, ate some fantastic vegetarian food at OR2K, drank unlimited coffee at the Himalayan Java cafe, greeted my sister and Dave with a placard at Kathmandu airport, got duped by the tiger-balm seller and did some hard-bargaining for Buddha's mother! All this coupled with general wondering around the streets, filling my lungs with the crazy pollution and, of course, the tourist attractions!

Buddy Steve's Everest snowboard in Sams bar - go see it!

Monsoon rivers of sewage!

Trinkets at the monkey temple



Masterchef Shiva cooks up an amazing curry in Alobar1000 

Prayer flags

Fake (Wild tiger) and genuine (tiger balm)

Kitty at the funky buddha


Helenas restaurant - the highest bar in Thamel

6am

Haircut sir!






No comments:

Post a Comment