Friday 27 January 2012

T minus one week

It's been a long time coming but this time next week i'll be heading out! My flight leaves Birmingham international at 8pm next Friday. I think i've done everything. My mom and sister have absorbed all material possessions. I currently live in a posh squat, sleeping on the floor now the bed has gone. I'll send out squat party invites later today.

Tibet has closed its doors to foreigners from mid-February to the end of March as it's the anniversary of the 2008 riots. The Chinese government have decided outside eyes not welcome. I've had to delay my Tibet visit. Instead heading to South East Asia from New Delhi , then flying back to Kathmandu to pick up the tour into Lhasa. Not ideal geographically but certainly better meteorologically.

I'm having a nightmare with camera insurance. Who wants to insure someone to take an expensive camera around the world for a year?
Edit: Seems that Glover & Howe are willing!

About this blog. I've added a "follow by email" link to the right there. Now your inbox can get spammed with my daily mumblings should you so wish. I've fixed the fishtank. I think there was a crack in in and the fish escaped. I've never had much luck with fish.


1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to get that Jumper! It will be 30 degrees in Bombay!

    ReplyDelete