Friday 3 February 2012

Goodbye England

The remnants of my Dalston room packed and shipped to Birmingham courtesy of Bishshat. This weeks packing was punctuated with trips to the theatre, cinema, galleries and some singing at White Hart lane. I now have no home, no car and no job. How liberating!

I now sit at Birmingham airport waiting for seat 44 on Emirates flight EK083 to arrive at gate 44 (it's 25 minutes late). My life for the next year rests next to me, squeezed into a 38 litre osprey rucksack. Birmingham airport is an incredibly civilised experience when compared to any London terminal although there is an alarming cardboard cut out projection lady welcoming you. A quick bag check by a friendly Brummie  about the liquids i have on me (i didn't check anything in) and i'm through. Despite the full English last supper mom cooked me two hours ago i get some "guess the flavour" crisps from WHSmith and paw greasy fingerprints over this laptop. I couldn't guess the flavour. Next stop Mumbai.




No comments:

Post a Comment