Wednesday 14 March 2012

Sri Lanka to India

Spicejet flight SG2 from Colombo, Sri Lanka to Chennai, India. Back home, or what strangely feels like home as i've already been here for one month.

Had a browse of the visa at the airport: "no re-entry permitted within 60 days of exit" - hmm, this could be an issue with me getting back into India after only 14 days away. Spoke to the nice spicejet (nicejet?) people and they called someone, who called someone else, who called someone else. Came back as fine, and I checked in. Phew.

Quick flight to Chennai, some very beautiful Indian hostesses on the plane. Now I had to catch a plane to Delhi, but I'd give myself quite a large buffer in case of issues: 5 hours to be exact! Chennai airport is not the most exciting place in the world, but I read my book and time went quickly.

Coming out at Delhi airport around 11pm in was almost cold. A lovely change from the humidity of the last 2 weeks. Ahhh! I'd already booked a guest house here as I knew i'd be late. I'd confirmed with the driver four times via email my arrival time, flight number etc. so was confident he would be there to pick me up. An hour passed - dug out the contact details and called the guest house. "Our driver is there!" he said. "No, he's not here at the domestic terminal". "Ah, you're at the domestic terminal?". "Yes, as per the four confirmation emails!". 30 minutes later the smiley driver turns up and we speed into Delhi centre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment